Riemer & Associates LLC, a firm of disability attorneys headquartered in New York City, is a nationwide leader in long-term disability claims, appeals and litigation. For over 25 years, we have built a thriving practice and sterling reputation on our unwavering commitment to protecting our clients. We have obtained tens of millions of dollars in benefits, settlements and judgments. Let us win for you.
Our clients are very diverse. They suffer from a wide array of injuries and illnesses. We have clients suffering from multiple sclerosis, various forms of cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, bipolar disorder, parkinson's disease, various back, shoulder, neck and knee injuries, rheumatoid arthritis, heart disease, migraine headaches, head injuries, tinnitus, acoustic neuroma, depression, anxiety, vision and hearing impairments, meniere's disease, carpal tunnel syndrome, IBS, and numerous other illnesses.
Our clients come to us from not only New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut, but also from all parts of the country. Our clients are executives and professionals from many different industries, including the financial and securities industry, the insurance industry, the publishing industry, the advertising industry, drug companies, universities, and the medical, legal, dental and accounting professions. Among our clients are fellow lawyers, prominent doctors, chief executive officers, and even former insurance company executives.
Our mission is to provide cutting-edge and compassionate legal representation to people with disabilities in order to protect their rights to disability insurance benefits -- now and in the future. Our attorneys serve on the front lines in the battle against unscrupulous insurance companies. We fight them in the trenches, constantly pushing the envelope to achieve the best possible results for each of our clients, while collectively advancing the rights of the disabled through the Courts.
Our goal is to maximize each individual's rights under the law while supporting them through the emotional turmoil that becoming disabled and bringing an insurance claim can engender.
At Riemer & Associates, our New York disability attorneys are committed to:
- Providing top quality, innovative legal representation that is also caring and supportive of each client's unique circumstances;
- Building client relationships based on mutual candor, respect and trust;
- Monitoring, on a daily basis, all relevant legal developments under ERISA;
- Advancing the rights of people with disabilities by effecting change in the existing case law; and
- Educating the public through our sister website, www.disabilityclaims.com, which provides helpful information on disability insurance issues. We also maintain a blog that provides helpful tips to both claimants and lawyers, www.longtermdisabilitylawblog.com.
Scott M. Riemer has been selected by his peers and the media as a New York Super Lawyer in each year since 2006.
- Riemer Volunteers at the MS Society Legal Day On Sunday, December 15, 2013, attorney Scott M. Riemer volunteered at the Legal Day of the New York City Chapter of the MS Society. The Legal Day is an annual event that permits individuals suffering ....
- Riemer Obtains Landmark Victory Against UNUM Stripping UNUM’s Discretionary Authority to Determine Benefit Eligibility On August 5, 2013, Riemer & Associates won a landmark victory in McDonnell v. First Unum Life Ins. Co., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 110361 (S.D.N.Y. August 5, 2013). For a copy, click here: Download file In ....
- Riemer Convinces Court to Award His Client $219,192 In Attorneys’ Fees and 9% Prejudgment Interest On July 24, 2013, Riemer & Associates prevailed in a long-standing dispute over attorneys’ fees in Levitian v. Sun Life and Health Insurance Company (U.S.), 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 105686 (S.D.N.Y. July ....
- Riemer Speaks at Disability Insurance Conference On January 24, 2013, Scott M. Riemer was a presenter at the 15th National Advanced Forum on Litigating Disability Insurance Claims in New York City. The conference is sponsored by the American ....
- Riemer Volunteers at MS Society Legal Day On Sunday, November 11, 2012, Scott M. Riemer volunteered at the Legal Day of the New York City Chapter of the MS Society. The Legal Day provides the opportunity for individuals suffering from ....